Kitchen cabinets are a very important part of a new kitchen. This is where you will probably spend the bulk of your time planning and researching. To help you in this process, we have provided you with our top things that everyone should know about kitchen cabinets.
There are three main options for kitchen cabinets. These three options are:
- Stock Cabinets – Come in specific and limited sizes, shapes, and colors
- Custom Cabinets – Fully customizable for your specific needs and style
- Semi-Custom Cabinets – Some features are customizable
You also have the option of framed or frameless cabinets.
- Framed – This style comes with your box and a face frame. Your box can be made a little thinner because of the added structure of the face frame.
- Fameless – Your cabinet box will be a little thicker, and your hinges and drawers will directly attach to your box and not a face frame.
Do not hesitate to ask questions when designing and planning your kitchen cabinets. Some questions to ask are:
- Are my cabinets made from solid wood?
- Will my drawers open/close smoothly, and are they held together with sturdy dovetail grooves?
- Are my shelves built from at least 3/4-inch plywood?
- Do the cabinet doors open smoothly and easily?
Designing, constructing, and installing new kitchen cabinets should be an enjoyable experience. Our over 30 years of experience have provided us with the knowledge and expertise to help you every step of the way to getting high-quality, functional, and beautiful kitchen cabinets.