Here at Rudisill Cabinet Shop, we have been designing and building custom cabinetry of all kinds since 1966. With over 50 years of experience under our belts, our team is definitely one you can count on to deliver top-notch results. One of the many types of cabinets that we can build for you is built-ins, and in this article, we’ll be going over some of the pros and cons of built-in cabinets in order to help you decide if they are right for you.
- Quality – Because built-in cabinets are custom-made for your home, you can expect higher-quality materials and craftsmanship. Our team takes pride in our work, and we are committed to delivering top-notch results.
- Function – Another advantage of built-in cabinets is that they allow you to maximize the use of your available space. With pre-fab cabinets, which are manufactured in standard sizes, there is always a sliver of space left over, but with custom cabinetry you can make use of every inch.
- Style – A third benefit of built-in cabinets is that they are easy to customize to your own personal design tastes. Our team will work with you to select the perfect wood, finish, and style to complement the rest of your decor.
- Initial Cost – One drawback of built-in cabinets is that they do carry a higher initial price tag than cabinets that are already manufactured.
- Time – Related to the above point, you will also have to wait longer to use built-in cabinets, as everything needs to be built from scratch.